Do you want to increase the size and quality of your client base? One key strategy is to make your brand more credible. Increasing your professional credibility will help you to attract larger clients. The obvious benefit is that you will attract bigger clients with bigger budgets, which will also provide you with more work at higher rates.
So, how can you increase your credibility? There are several approaches, and combining them will go further toward making you more credible (and popular) in your field.
- Act like a professional all the time. Behave professional toward clients and prospects. Treat your business and brand professionally, and others will do the same.
- Create social proof of your credibility. Social proof is evidence that other people like and trust you. Examples include testimonials, case studies, awards, website logos of your large clients, recommendations, etc.
- Become an expert in a niche or particular field. Become known for excelling in that one specific area of your industry or business.
- Become an influencer. An influencer is someone who takes charge and leads people to make positive contributions in their industry. For example, you can connect people or clients to each other, set up events, blog / write about events and key issues in your field, or share your knowledge with the world.
- Encourage referrals. Ask clients to refer you to people who could use your service.
- Get interviewed. Contact bloggers in your industry to interview you on a subject that matters to your clients.
- Be omnipresent. Tweet, blog, network, etc. Stay public and be seen.
What tips do you have on being more credible in your industry? Would you like help with becoming more credible in your industry? Let me know – email@example.com.